North Wales, PA
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Location: North Wales, PA
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Shifts: 1st Shift (7-4 or 8-5) M-F
- Salary: 70-82/yr.
- Employment Type: Permanent
Job Scope: The Plant Engineer investigates, plans, budgets, and executes projects to improve manufacturing processes, equipment, and site infrastructure. The engineer examines equipment, processes, and operations to identify improvements, reduce costs, and increase efficiency, quality and safety. The engineer will be expected to manage projects independently, as part of a team, or as the team leader. The engineer works with manufacturing and supporting departments to identify and troubleshoot equipment and process problems. The engineer works with team members to plan and execute multiple shutdowns (production outages) throughout the year. The engineer will be a self starter with good organization skills, independent thinking, quick decision-making, professionalism, and an aggressive bias for action.
- Coordinates with other project group members and supervisor on design problems.
- Trains staff in the operation of new equipment.
- Manages project teams and contractors effectively.
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams and interacts closely with Manufacturing, Quality Control, Maintenance and Global Engineering on improvements or future product line extensions.
- Researches and specifies components, equipment, and supplies for engineering projects, interacts with vendors to obtain price and product information.
- Estimates budget for each project including cost of personnel and materials.
- Manages, plans, and budgets intermediate-size capital projects
- Optimizes processes through identification, concept, implementation, documentation, and operator training.
- Manages project budgets, timelines, establishes work priorities, and evaluates cost and time requirements.
- Demonstrates and communicates business value for projects undertaken and substantiates this value upon project completion
- Coordinates the troubleshooting of process problems and/or performs testing and troubleshooting of experimental equipment and systems and coordinates repairs, modifications or adjustment to eliminate malfunctions.
- Prepares the necessary documentation and procedures associated with equipment specifications, manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Supports equipment preventative maintenance schedule review and improvement.
- Writes and executes validation protocols (Installation, Operational, and Performance Qualifications). Completes final validation reports as required by cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes, equipment specifications, product specifications, product applications and their interrelationships at the West Point facility.
- Uses critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills to move projects forward and give future direction.
- Bachelor s Degree required, with major in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred. Other engineering or mechanical degrees will be considered.
- Minimum of 4 years of manufacturing engineering experience in Pharmaceutical or similar environent required.
- We need candidates that work with equipment and processes; to design parts and systems, install and commission/validate equipment, and work within the manufacturing environment in hands on approaches to problem solving.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, procedures, processes, and systems appropriate to related discipline.
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Able to interact well with people at all levels of the organization, work independently, and contribute as part of a team.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Action-oriented and hands-on worker
- Strong project planning, management, and scheduling skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Able to deliver on commitments
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting manufacturing operations
- Strong understanding of technical documents including P&IDs, Blueprints and Schematics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as MS Project and Visio, Oracle or other ERP (Enterprise resource planning) system, and AutoCAD
- Good understanding of cGMP for manufacturing preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and waste reduction principles preferred.
Search words: "mechanical Engineer, Budget, Engineer, Engineering, Process Engineer, Process Improvement, ERP, GMP, FDA, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen