SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Miami, FL
Hours: M-F 8-5
Employment Type: Direct hire/permanent position
The Senior Accountant performs and coordinates accounting duties within the organization. His/her responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting in preparing tax returns, and assisting with audit preparations.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Effectively uses and maintains current ERP system.
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies, including preparing a trial balance.
- Works with cost accounting staff, sales and purchasing in reviewing and analyzing sales margins.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepares revenue projections and expenditure forecasts.
- Compile information to create accurate cash flow reports, forecasts and analysis.
- Assists with intercompany group reporting requirements.
- Assists with margin/costing analysis and reporting.
- Assists with banking transactions as directed.
- Assists with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Contributes to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Protects organization s value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other accounting duties and supporting accounting staff as required or assigned.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Detailed oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Proactive problem solving and analysis skills.
- Cost Accounting experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Excel (V-Lookup/Pivot Tables, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working with at least one ERP system (NAV experience a plus).
- Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum 4 years experience working in accounting.
- Effective communicator in English, both verbally and in writing.