Location: Tampa, FL
Salary: $18-$25/hour (Based solely upon experience)
Employment Type: Contract to Perm
- A&P license preferred
- 4+ years of aircraft assembly - Air frame experience (not avionics/electronics)
- Active secret security clearance OR eligibility for security clearance- I.e. No felonies, good credit
- Must be willing to travel 6-8 weks at a time
- Overtime available
- First shift position
- Excellent internal progression opportunities
- National and international travel opportunities
- Assembles machined and bought parts into aircraft and flight simulator assemblies such as control linkages/throttle alignment, consoles, cabinets, fuselage components, visual system components, motion system actuators, EMM and hydraulic systems
- Must have ability to read precision measuring equipment; Measure parts to determine specified tolerance;
- Reads and interprets blue prints to fabricate complex assemblies; Fabricates parts from raw materials, Files and buffs parts to fit; Drills, taps, reams, countersinks, and spot faces bolt holes in parts; Position and aligns parts, Identifies and utilizes appropriate hardware as required; Bolts, screws and rivets parts together to close tolerances; Disassembles and replaces parts as required; Laps and hones internal cylindrical surfaces; Tests functional performance of assemblies; Cleans and lubricates parts and assemblies; and Marks identifying information on parts.
- Must have a good knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical hand tools and be able to effectively use them (Hammers, wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and scales, pneumatic and manual drills, rivet guns, fastening tools such as clamps and clecos shop equipment such as drill presses, brakes and shears etc.).
- Must be willing and able to assume work assignments away from the facility for extended periods of time for site installations and be willing to work rotating shifts.
- Advanced bench assembly skills required. Ability to assemble complex sheet metal components utilizing standard practice and blue print reading ability.
FAA, Airplane, Air Plane, Aerospace, Aircraft, Aviation, Airframe, Powerplant, A&P, Sheet metal, Assembly, Mechanic, Mechanical, Blueprints, Fabricate, welding, weld, rivet, riveting, composites, aircraft mechanic, structural mechanic