Analytical Quality Control Chemist III
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Analytical Quality Control Chemist III
- Location: Clearwater, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical (GMP environment)
- Salary: Up to $32/hr.
- Employment Type: Contract with the possibility to go permanent
A dynamic pharmaceutical technology company that empowers its employees with responsibility and offers a supportive and highly progressive work environment. This company is a contractor development manufacturing organization environment that is fast-paced and mainly focuses on oral solid dosage.
Provides support for the general operation of the laboratory such as preparation of laboratory solutions, conducting basic chemical biological reactions, preparations and tests.
- Designs, executes, and interprets complex procedures and protocols within a project or goal, subject to approval of supervisor.
- Trains and directs lower level personnel.
- Writes SOP s and protocols.
- Reduces literature references to practices
- Works independently on execution of complex procedures and methods
- Demonstrates ability to accurately record and review laboratory documentation generated from developmental as well as established procedures.
- Influences purchase of laboratory supplies as well as capital equipment.
- Suggests alterations to procedures and protocols and studies. Compliant with safety and hazardous waste procedures.
- Participates in moderate to extensive problem solving which requires original thought. Prepares reports with interpretation and can interpret the results of complex experiments.
- Non-routine assignments. Designs experiments when requested. Handles major portion of project activity with supervision.
- Performs routine as well as more complex assays and preparations.
- Troubleshoots equipment, laboratory protocols and procedures.
- Participates in audits for regulatory requirements.
- Treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Conscientious with safety procedures and knowledgeable of hazardous waste procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a cGMP pharmaceutical or related environment
- BS Degree with a scientific discipline
- Experience with wet chemistry, HPLC, GC, Dissolution
- Raw material, in-process and finished product testing
- Stability testing is a plus
- Must be able to speak clearly, read, write and understand the English language.