Analytical Research and Development Scientist
St. Petersburg, FL
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Analytical Research & Development Associate Scientist Finished Products
- Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
- Salary: $25-$30/hr. (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: Contract opportunity with the possibility to be a direct hire
- Perform Compendial and non-compendial testing on Raw Materials and Drug Substances.
- Prepares reagents, standards, Medias, etc. needed for analysis.
- May be required to work with potent and teratogenic compounds.
- Capable of working under moderate supervision.
- Interprets and tabulates results of analysis. Records the results in approved notebooks, reports and logbooks.
- Required to perform basic statistics to support analytical testing.
- Helps receive, label and store receipts of solvents and analytical reagents.
- Logs results into LIMS database.
- Verifies co-workers calculations in notebooks/logbooks and verifies results in reports and/or appropriate systems to check for accuracy and integrity of data.
- Shares responsibility for the routine calibration of analytical equipment such as, but not limited to balances, pH meters, KF analyzers, etc.
- May order supplies as needed.
- Disposes of hazardous waste according to environmental regulations and company/departmental procedures.
- Files and maintains laboratory records following Good Manufacturing Practices and as directed through applicable SOPs.
- May provide training to new or existing personnel
- Helps maintain inventory of glassware, chemicals and materials needed for chemical analysis
- Required to maintain and clean laboratory instruments and equipment
- Required to read and execute departmental methods and SOPs.
- Required to assist in writing, reviewing, or revising procedures and/or laboratory investigations
- May be required to clean glassware used to perform chemical and analysis.
- Perform other laboratory related miscellaneous duties as required
- May be required to work shifts in support of the manufacturing process that may include, weekends and holidays. The work hours may change depending on departmental needs.
- Requires Bachelors Degree in scientific discipline
- Must have three years experience testing finished products according to specified methods with pharmaceuticals or closely related industry
- Experience with chromatography separation and or dissolution testing
- Must possess good interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers. Good organizational skills required.