Biomanufacturing Downstream Associate
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Biomanufacturing Downstream Associate
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Industry: Pharmaceutical and Biologics
- Hours: 3rd shift: Sun-Wed, 10pm-8am
- Salary: Up to $23/hr. depending on skill set
- Employment Type: Up to 6 month contract
- Purify proteins of interest by utilizing different types of chromatography resins to either A) Bind the protein of interest and wash away impurities or B) bind impurities and collect the protein of interest.
- Once the protein is free of impurities it is filtered to remove any remaining virus from US processing and concentrated to the correct concentration as well as formulated to the client s specific request.
- Finally, it is dispensed into appropriate containers and shipped out.
- This position as an Associate 1 is expected to complete same tasks as Assistant, but also train toward DS MFG Level 1 and 2 operations such as media/solution preparation, wipe-in to Grade A environments, and running the AKTA chromatography system.
- The Downstream team provides an excellent opportunity for those interested in building a foundation of knowledge in the chromatography focused aspect of biologics production, as well as protein purification process as whole.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Minimum two years within a cGMP environment; Pharmaceutical, Biologics, Cell Gene or related industry knowledge
- Experience with chromatography focused aspect of biologics production
- Experience weighing raw material and staging for manufacturing
- Ability to stand on your feet up to 10 hour shifts and commit to schedule
Search words: Pharmaceutical, FDA, cGMP, manufacturing, production, buffers, solutions, mixing, weighing, solution prep, blending, compounding, biologics