Business Development Manager
Salary: $85k (& Quarterly bonus)
Industry: Department of Defense
Clearance: None required, can be held
Location: Orlando, FL OR San Antonio, TX
Employment Type: Implementation contract
- Minimum 3 years experience in business development, sales, or capture management activities.
- Minimum 3 years experience working for a Federal contractor in one of the following areas: business development, program operations, contracts, or bid and proposals.
- Minimum 2 years experience leading or actively participating in Federal/DoD proposal management, writing, and development.
- Experience leading strategic collaboration, performing capture responsibilities, and partnering on proposals or special projects (in DoD/Federal sectors)
- Proven track record of successful wins of Federal or DoD proposals.
- Experience using federal opportunity sourcing tools such as FedBizOps, FedConnect, Deltek Govwin, and others.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with small business and/or 8(a) in Federal contracting preferred.
- Experience with the Shipley Proposal Methods preferred
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and other related federal regulations preferred.
- Build corporate market position and revenue by working with the Vice President of Business Development (VP BD) and Executive Vice President of Strategy & Development (EVP S&D) to identify, develop, define, and close Federal business opportunities in an assigned portfolio.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy for assigned domain, achieving sales and revenue goals.
- Directly leads Bid & Proposal efforts for assigned domain, serving as a primary solution/offer developer; leads writing strategy in support of the Proposal Manager; leads and supports the development of win themes; collaborates with the proposal team to develop proposal response format and structure.
- Qualifies opportunities using a wide variety of information and resources, to support a bid/no-bid review process with the VP BD and EVP S&D.
- Pursues and secures relationships with new customers resulting in new direct awards and positive posture for competitive bids.
- Reviews and analyzes RFPs and prepares RFP summaries and compliance matrices.
- Qualifies and supports the selection of teaming partners for opportunities and as required, leads efforts for data calls to teaming partners related to reps and certs, pricing, capabilities statements, past performance, technical inputs, etc.
- Develops and maintains an active pipeline of opportunities, proactively identifying new opportunities to meet strategic growth objectives through researching industry sources and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking prospective markets, customers, and competitors.
- Identifies and responds to Federal/DoD market research / sources sought / Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Attends Industry Days and Pre-proposal conferences for opportunities as required.
- Works to capture and develop professional relationships with new customers through competitive acquisitions, direct marketing, and strategic partnerships.
- Protects the company s value by keeping information confidential.
- Support and/or lead continual improvement of business development and bid & proposal processes and tools.
Keyword Searchstring: Business development, account executive, proposal, sales, capture, lead, manager, director, specialist,