SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to match professionals rapidly and precisely to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Chemist I
- Location: Woodstock, IL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: **3rd Shift** Contractor will work 4 - 10 hr. shifts Wednesday night through Saturday night Schedule: 7pm - 5:30am
- Salary: $22.00 hour paid weekly with benefits options
- Employment Type: Contract 6 months with possible extension or conversion
The position is responsible for testing Cleaning, Raw Material Water, In-Process and Finished Product samples. Supports laboratory investigations, system testing and process validation and business development activities.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Completely, accurately, and precisely prepares all laboratory reports and/or test scripts and documents in accordance with cGDP and cGMP requirements
- Demonstrates high ethical standards Maintain current training status on relevant equipment and procedures
- Comply with all cGMP, regulatory, corporate and EHS requirements
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Maintain laboratory in audit readiness per cGDP and cGMP practices
- Perform peer review for testing and calculations, as necessary
- Recognizes Out of Specification, atypical and/or anomalous data, escalates to management, as necessary Laboratory Skills
- Perform analytical testing and calculations on in-process bulk material, finished product, cleaning and customer samples
- Receive and prepare reagents and standards Air dryer testing
- Perform Calibration Checks (Balance/pH/Conductivity/Pipettes etc.)
- Perform Rinse Water testing: TOC, Conductivity
- Perform Raw Material Water testing: Nitrates Operate analytical instrumentation HPLC, UV/Vis, Balances, Densitometer, Autotitrator, pH meter, Conductivity Meter, Total Organic Carbon Analyzer (TOC), Osmometer, Viscometer, Karl Fischer, Particle Counter, Malvern, Polarimeter, Microscope... (trained on NLT 11 laboratory instruments) Perform pH adjustments Perform Viscosity Ostwald viscosity
- Perform Batch release testing
- Perform First Acceptable testing Cromolyn Sodium, Tobramycin cleaning, Budesonide, Levofloxacin, GNE and Identifications HPLC: NLT 3 HPLC assays i.e., Arformoterol Tartrate, Levalbuterol, other.
- Autotitrator: All products and titrant standardizations Wet Chemistry testing of in-process bulk material, finished product, TLC, Deliverable Volume, Opalescence, Degree of Coloration Prepare and generate reports to support Critical System Release Other duties as assigned Maintain analytical trending and metric tracking Trains other analysts in routine testing, as necessary
- Supports laboratory investigations and/or studies, as necessary'
- Proficient in one of the three: Deviation or OOS/OOTr or Change Control
- Must be able to initiate and complete LIR
- Global TrackWise workflow for Deviations or Laboratory Investigations or Change Control
Education or Equivalent:
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Sciences or equivalent work experience
Experience in a lab setting (academic, intern or other)
Demonstrated intermediate mathematical ability.
High level of attention to detail, well organized and multi-task oriented. Excellent documentation skills. Strong communication skills both written and oral. Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Works well in a team environment with a variety of individuals and personalities within and between departments. Review reports, etc. for accuracy and logic. Must be able to multitask, be proactive and willing to take initiative and responsibility. Should be familiar with cGMP and safe work practices. Be organized. Maintain good records and be able to access them rapidly. Understand where information can be found.