China Lake, CA
Location: Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Clearance: Must be CAC eligible
- BA in Engineering or Construction Manager or related field: Architecture, Engineering Technology
- 7+ years of experience as a Construction Manager Project Manager, or Project Field Engineer on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts valued in excess of $I0 million.
- Ability and willingness to traverse construction jobsites.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) / Registered Architect (RA) desired.
- Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute (PMI) or CCM with the Construction Management Association of American (CMAA) is highly desired.
- Experience working on NAVFAC or ACOE projects or for NAYFAC or ACOE desired.
- Review contract drawings and specifications for constructability and conformance to base operations constraints and existing field conditions.
- Coordinate and/or attend post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings (PAK), preconstruction conferences, informal or formal partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meetings, design review meetings, weekly progress meetings, and Facility Turnover Planning Meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone).
- Visit construction sites to monitor progress and solicit input from the Engineering Technician/Quality Assurance (ET/QA) representatives, review CQC reports and attend QC and progress meetings. Recommend necessary action to assure contractor's quality control program is operating effectively and in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems that arise during the contract duration in coordination with the designer of record and construction contractor.
- Coordinate property record inventory documents. DD1354 Transfer and Acceptance of Military Real Property and Disposal of DoN Real Property. in accordance with NAYFAC Business Management System (BMS) and in coordination with Project Managers and Installation Real Property Accountable Officer (RPAO).
- Complete required items to assist in effectively closing out a contract, including tracking receipt and delivery of as-built drawings, O&M manuals /eOMSI and warranty documents for the Supported Command/facility manager or local Public Works Department. in accordance with NAVFAC BMS.
- Identify the need (and subsequent reason code) for a modification to scope, cost and/or schedule based on collaboration with the construction contractor. Supported Command, designer of record and/or other entities.
- Support the issuance of requests for proposal by determining th e needed change and writing the scope of work.
- Develop or coordinate the preparation of an independent government estimate (!GE), if the requirement exceeds the Simplified Acquisition Threshold.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance of the modification.
- Review construction contractor quarterly reports to the Contracting Officer documenting the contractor's progress and identifying any problems/issues with the contractor 's performance and recommending possible notice or action to be taken by the Contracting Officer.
- Maintain a contract file to support the completion of requirements under FAR 1.604 and DFARS PGI 20 I .60 2-2(v).
- Review Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and ensure these are discussed by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
Keywork Searchstring: Engineer, Architect, Engineering, Military, Military Transition, USAF, Air Force, Army, Marines, USMC, Navy, DoD, Defense, Clearance, PE, Professional engineer, hanger, maintenance, construction,