Location: Tullahoma, TN
Type: 6 month Contract to Hire
Clearance: Able to obtain CAC
- Candidate will evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Candidate will perform assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables for Control System Engineering; supports the use of common work processes and procedures within assigned function across the TOS contract.
- Work tasks performed under the general guidance of more senior engineering staff include: Development of system requirements.
- Automated Control System design, development, and/or maintenance.
- System design, including concept sketches and layouts.
- Automated Control and Human Machine Interface (HMI) Software Development.
- Preparation of specifications and design calculations.
- Preparing designs, drawings and data under the supervision of a more experienced engineer.
- Preparation of engineering studies and reports.
- Preparation of material quantity estimates.
- Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools.
- System troubleshooting and return-to-service.
- System Verification and Validation Test Development/Execution. Draft letters for replies to vendor correspondence. Monitor schedule for own work.
- Review design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a low to moderate degree of complexity, and prepare comments and recommendations.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience in maintaining and operating ForeScout CounterAct systems.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of networking, network security, virtualization, storage, server, data center services, and other leading-edge products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in providing innovative approaches to challenges.
- Demonstrated aptitude for dealing with complex technical issues.
- 6+ years of security/networking experience in a public sector/telecommunications/IT-industry engineering role.
- 3+ years of design/implementation with networking experience.
- Knowledge of industry trends and impacts on network design, architecture, planning and implementation.
- Experience with one or more major security vendors: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, ForeScout, Dell, HP, FireEye, or FireMon.
- Experience with one or more network vendors: Cisco, Juniper, ForeScout, HP, Dell, Gigamon, InfoBlox, or Microsoft.
- Understanding of networking technologies (Layer 2 and Layer 3).
- Active security clearance is not required but desired.
- Basic technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Developmental experience in the control system theory and design concepts such as Controls Strategy and Algorithm Development, Math Modeling/Simulations, Calibration, Motion Controls,
- Process Controls, Process Instrumentation, Sequencing Systems, Robotics, Stability & Control, Servomechanisms, Systems Safety, Networks & Field Busses, Control System Optimization, Learning and Rule-based Systems.
- Coursework or experience in the design or application of closed loop control systems.
- Coursework of experience in feedback control systems.
- Coursework or experience in the design of application of control systems using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Coursework or experience with proportional, integral, derivative (PID) control systems.
- Coursework or experience developing control application and Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Experience with GE PLC s, automation hardware, and related software is highly desired