Cyber Security STIG Technician
Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Charleston, SC (29406) (REMOTE & 35% travel)
Employment Type: Contract to permanent
Clearance: Secret (Active Required)
- IAT-II DoD 8570 compliant certification, CISSP Preferred.
- ACAS/Nessus scanning experience, building asset groups, creating audits, schedule scans and generating reports.
- Experience with running SCAP benchmarks and SRR scripts released by DISA.
- System troubleshooting and configuration management of Windows Desktop and Server OS as it relates to security posture of the system.
- Configuration security of network devices, switches, firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs/FDCC requirements, CTOs, TASKORDs, FRAGORDs, and emerging threats.
- Required to conduct IA analysis in preparation for Assessment & Authorization within the DHA environment. The analyst will be expected to self-assess and implement security configurations utilizing DISA STIGs and automated scanning software such as SCAP and ACAS.
- The STIG Technician will be responsible for identifying risks, providing mitigation plan of action, configuration of devices in accordance with STIG settings, analysis of system design, assist with certification and accreditation issues that may be preventing the system from receiving ATO, and develop custom mitigation solutions for enterprise vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge and experience identifying, assessing, and documenting compliance against applicable DoD IA security controls (technical, management, operational), and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
Keyword Searchstring: cyber security, security+, Pen testing, CISSP, CEH, RHCSA, Red Hat, Linux, Unix, Cyber, engineer, architect, network, systems, ACAS, STIGs, POA&Ms, RMF,