We are currently hiring a Tier 3 DBA with an active TS/SCI clearance and at least 2 years of experience as a DBA with SQL Server 2012 Enterprise or higher. Required certifications: Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 11g or higher OR MCSE: Data Management & Analytics.
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included). The position is located in Tampa, FL, and we are open to nationwide relocation for the right candidates.
Location: MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 Enterprise or higher
- Required certifications: Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 11g or higher OR MCSE: Data Management & Analytics
- At least two years of experience in a database administration role performing Tier 3 level support with no less than eight years working with databases
- Database modeling and implementation
- User interface development and user experience
- Ability to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language; such as Java, C++, or .NET
- Microsoft Office application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft SharePoint database integration experience is desired
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining databases
- Approving requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
- Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability
- Approving solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
Job Description: Candidates for the Database Administrator - Tier 3 role need a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance with experience designing databases. Candidates must have knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and IBMDB2. Database Administrator - Tier 3 candidates must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work as part of a team while having leadership responsibilities for that team. This position will provide Microsoft SQL and Oracle DBA support services, to include Tier 3 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions.
About Us: SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Keywords: Database Admin, Database Administrator, DBA, Security+ CE, SEC+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security, CISA, CISSP, CASP, GCIH, GCED, Oracle Certified Professional, OCP, MySQL 5.6 DBA, MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014