Encapsulation Operator KD-21 (07-12)
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Encapsulation Operators
- Location: Miami, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: 1st shift 6a - 2:30pm 3rd shift 10pm- 6:30am (must be open to OT, weekends)
- Salary: 1st shift $17.05/hr 2nd shift $18.30/hr.
- Employment Type: 6 month contract possibility to go perm
- Manufacture a high-quality soft gelatin capsule by operating encapsulation machinery
- Provide a professional, and team orientated work environment
- Ensure working area is kept in a clean and tidy condition
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Med Prep Operators
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Responsible for reporting all discrepancies and deviations
- Responsible for producing good quality capsules
- Responsible for taking fill weights, and shell weights
- Responsible for taking measurement of seal and wall thickness
- Responsible for ribbon measurements
- Responsible for cleaning the production room, equipment and machines
- Assist with all production changeovers and clean downs while ensuring that downtime is kept to an absolute minimum
- Responsible for changing the, leads, distribution plates, chute assembly, mangle rolls, medicine pump, and all other small machine parts.
- Responsible to take all transfer tubes, (gelatin, fill hoses) to the washroom, for cleaning.
- Ensure that the oil lubrication system is constantly full and that there is enough oil for the oncoming shift.
- Responsible for informing the Med Prep Operators when the oil/lecithin mixture is at low level.
- Responsible for completing all batch paperwork ensuring no open fields and all cross outs have been correctly initiated and dated.
- Ensure correct labeling of all completed tumblers that leave production and enter the drying room.
- Ensure that tumblers labeled as clean are cleaned and free of foreign capsules before use. Any tumblers that are labeled clean and are found to be dirty should be returned to the washroom with a dirty label attached.
- Responsible to follow all SOPs and GMP procedures set by company
- Must attempt to resolve machine problems before contacting Manager/Engineering.
- Responsible for troubleshooting around the machine.
- Must keep shift manager/supervisor informed about the status of the product when a changeover
- Two to Three years in related field (pharmaceutical, nutraceutical)
- Must have encapsulation experience
- Experience with troubleshooting, repairing and calibration of encapsulation equipment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of cGMP
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree is a plus.
- One must be able to lift, pull/push up to 75lbs. Throughout the shift one will be bending, stooping.
- Some knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel
- Able to effectively communicate in English written and oral
- Good analytical and observation skills
- Good knowledge of basic mathematical skills, including measurement
- Able to multi-task
- Able to follow routine verbal and/or written instructions
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Search words: Encapsulation, gelatin, softgels, manufacturing, operator, technician, pharmaceutical, vitamin