St. Petersburg, FL
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Environmental Engineer
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Salary: $30.00/hr.-$36.00/hr. for contract, Pay raises to 80k a year once perm
Employment Type: 3 month contract to hire position
- Assist or provide specialized training classes pertaining to environmental and/or safety related subjects to various personnel within the company.
- In charge of the RCRA compliance in the facility including waste handling and manifest management. Audit contractors to ensure compliance with the regulations.
- Lead the Environmental Committee in the facility.
- Maintain files and documentation records as required by environmental regulations such as CAA, CWA, RCRA. Prepares annual SARA and VOC emissions reports.
- Prepares monthly inspections and reports to comply with current environmental permits such as air and wastewater.
- Assist in developing new programs and procedures following OSHA, EPA and Guidelines such as: HAZWOPER, and Waste Minimization.
- Be willing to work with in established guideline for the continual improvement on Environmental compliance.
- Assist in reviewing and participate in the Emergency Response Program.
- Cross train on safety regulations such as OSHA recordkeeping and Industrial Hygiene.
- Monitors the usage of all solvents used in the facilities and prepares reports to regulatory agencies as required.
- Submits environmental permit applications and renewals to the proper authorities.
- Ensures all environmental equipment is properly maintained.
- Prepares operating and maintenance manuals for environmental equipment and trains personnel to operate and maintain equipment. Supports production and engineering in the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures and EHS programs involving environmental compliance.
- Analyzes and recommends new equipment. Keeps abreast of engineering technological developments.
- Controls project costs and expenditures.
- May perform direct maintenance work on equipment to maintain compliance.
- Bachelor s Degree (B.S) in Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years related environmental compliance experience required
- Must complete projects on time with minimum supervision and have good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge on CAA, CWA, RCRA required. Knowledge on FDEP requirements preferred.
- Computer literate including Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access preferred.
- Good verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and financial reports.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, programs and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to perform and review engineering calculations, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, logarithms, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have the ability to read and interpret technical publications such as the Code of Federal Regulation and Environmental permits
Search words: Environmental, Engineer, GMP, OSHA, EPA