SRG Government Services is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Environmental Manager
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Employment Type: direct hire/permanent
The Environmental Manager to assist with the execution of the branch environmental management program, which includes hazardous waste disposal, shipping documents, non-hazardous waste disposal and the overall management necessary to keep the office always in regulatory compliance. The Environmental Manager will be responsible for evaluating and ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local EHS regulations, laws and ordinances.
- Conduct regulatory research, prepare technical interpretations, and make recommendations based on company operations and activities.
- Evaluate Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Technical Data Sheets (TDS) for regulatory compliance.
- Develop cleaning safety guidance s (HSE) by properly identifying, classifying, waste streams and product streams and then present a safe work practice designed for cleaning containers.
- Prepare annual reports including State Air, TIER II, Hazardous Waste, and Wastewater reports, and maintain applicable permits.
- Apply EHS regulations and prepare clear, direct operating procedures and work instructions as they apply to our operations and activities.
- Conduct and coordinate internal audits of environmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to operational management and the sales team for compliance with Federal, State, and Local environmental laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Manage daily records and all required record keeping required for the management of waste facility, 10-Day permit facility or waste transfer facility. Ensure that the facility and records would successfully pass a regulatory inspection.
- Monitor Waste Tracking to include, EPA Hazardous Waste Determinations, 90-day Waste Storage limits and processing out drums utilizing propriety software.
- Collect samples and prepare them according to procedural standards.
- Perform lab maintenance activities as required.
- Coordinate compliance activities and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related field; Master s degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in industrial environments, consulting, or a government regulatory agency.
- Strong familiarity with federal and state EHS regulations and experience preparing technical interpretations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, and strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise procedures and working instructions.
- Strong MS Office computer skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain flexibility. Also, work independently with minimal supervision.