SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Location: Largo/Clearwater Area, Florida
Industry: Pharmaceutical and Chemical Manufacturing
Shifts Available: Day shift
Employment Type: Direct hire
Environment: This client innovates, formulates and creates consumer brands. They serve companies in pharmaceutical, cosmetic, personal care and chemical applications. Using state-of-the-art equipment, their team of experts work to ensure high quality. Highly differentiated products are brought to market with exceptional customer service. Isn t this the type of company you want to work for?
Responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of new formulations from initial concept through production; troubleshooting/resolving, adjusting or reformulating existing formulas as needed. This individual must have extensive cGMP experience and FDA and ICH Guidance experience. Must be able to provide leadership and mentoring Interns, Associates, and other Formulators.
- Supports new customer concepts based on personal experience, market insights, competitive position, online research, technology/market trends, etc.
- Develops new products to meet customer requirements per assigned projects.
- Works to proactively prioritize multiple projects/workload, effectively anticipate/manage resource gaps, and deliver on agreed-to timelines.
- Develops new product ideas for presentation to Marketing for future consideration in customer innovation events.
- Prepares samples for customer evaluation or for use by Marketing, Project Management, Engineering, QC/QA.
- Actively assists in the troubleshooting of off-target batches in the Lab.
- Prepares protocols for both formal and informal stability testing.
- Accurately records raw data and analyzes, as well as calculates and interprets the results. Ensures all documentation produced is in compliance with cGMP standards.
- Communicates effectively in verbal and written form on research results and plans.
- Attends project meetings and prepares project updates.
- Develops working relationships with vendors and attends vendor meetings.
- Maintains raw material supply in laboratory including but not limited to: vendor sample inventory, in-house sample inventory.
- Promotes cGMP and safety practices throughout the facility
- Promotes continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Recognizes OOS or out of trend results and assists in the completion of lab investigations.
- Reads and understands SDSs for all raw materials they will be working with.
- Responsible and accountable for compliance with all aspects of the company's Health and Safety policies, and Safe Work Procedures.
- Bachelor s degree in Chemistry or appropriate discipline
- Minimum 3 years formulation experience within personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals (gels, ointments, creams, lotions) or aerosols (preferred)
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for assisting in quality audits with FDA, other Regulatory Agencies, and customers, as needed.
- Experience working multiple projects; CMO (contract manufacturing organization) experience highly desired
- Ability to communicate to internal and external clients at all levels
- Experience working with new products and existing. Ability to independently generate formulas for experimental blending
- Working knowledge of FDA regulation for drug/device especially for the lab.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, productively and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced-sometimes rapidly shifting environment and quickly establish priorities. Ability to concentrate in such an environment and perform quality work.
- Contributes to for overall lab safety, organization, cleanliness, calibration, and maintenance.