Geospatial Database Engineer
MacDill AFB, FL
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Location: MacDill AFB, Tampa
Industry: Department of Defense
Clearance: Secret Clearance Required
- Degree in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- 8 years of experience in the Modeling & Simulation Industry using GIS-related technology/tools
- Secret Clearance required (TS/SCI preferable)
- Expert awareness of the GIS community and technologies
- Expert knowledge of CDB, GeoPackage, 3D Tiles, GLTF and similar OGC Standards
- Develop, enhance, and analyze various forms of digital geographical data, and then assemble this data into real-time visual databases for planning purposes.
- Knowledge in data structures and application programming interface (API) design and implementation.
- Knowledge in cloud platforms, data management, and security.
- Coordinate and lead customer interests within the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and participate within various standards bodies, experiments and pilots in the OGC.
- Coordinate with industry, academic, and government organizations within the OGC as well as write and review engineering documents.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices;
- Demonstrated domain experience in at least one of the following: Integration and operations of geospatial analysis visualization and algorithms;
- Geospatial data creation, manipulation, extraction, analysis and conveyance in a variety of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and/or proprietary (e.g. ESRI, Google Earth, ERDAS) formats;
- Understanding of and familiarity with current and developing Geospatial data formats;
- Understanding and familiarity with Government and Military common geospatial formats;
- Experience working with and developing geospatial information systems (GIS) to include open-source and proprietary geospatial formats;
- Use and development of common geospatial tools, data, and operating platforms.
Keyword Searchstring: Information Technology, IT, Systems Engineer, Help Desk, Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, MCSA, Network, Administrator, Specialist, Technician