Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Goose Creek, SC
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Employment Type: Contract to perm
Clearance: Able to obtain Common Access Card
Heavy Equipment Mechanic works as an automotive mechanic in the Heavy Wheel maintenance shop. This mechanic will perform field level automotive maintenance on all equipment assigned or work-loaded to the assigned shop primarily material handling equipment to include military and commercial forklifts, cranes, bull dozers, tractors, earth movers, and mine sweepers.
Performs varied duties including:
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
- Welds broken parts and structural members, may direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment, and may repair, adjust and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and continuous mining machines.
- Experience: 8 years experience in directly relevant work
- Certificate of training from vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in automotive maintenance, or other related field
- Ability to comply with all established environmental regulations, methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position
- Ability to interpret and apply technical instruction, schematics, and diagrams
- Possesses personal tools that meets the required tool list
- Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must obtain and maintain local base access
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Common Access Card (CAC) requirements.
- Expertise on military equipment is a plus