IT Security Administrator
Location: Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Industry: Department of Defense
Clearance: Secret Clearance (Sponsorship opportunity)
- 3 years of Splunk Admin roles.
- 5 years of IT Security Experience.
- Ability to establish and participate in Implementation Teams and provide IT security considerations and planning to program management and engineering.
- Knowledge and practical experience of computer security components ( i.e. topology, switches, routers, firewalls)
- Understanding of current information security threat analysis, identification, mitigation and investigation techniques.
- Must be eligible for a DOD Personnel Security Clearance and any special access requirements.
- Experience in design, implementation, upgrades, and support of Splunk (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads, Multi-Site Architecture, etc)
- Identifying or writing Splunk Apps/Dashboards to aid in Security and Operational issues.
- Experience with Linux and Windows required for Splunk administration.
- Understanding with virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Assists in maintaining IT Security policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Performs comparisons between existing standards and practices and work instructions, correcting practice documents when needed.
- Responsible for recurring tasks on systems as assigned: Conduct scheduled inspections of systems/facilities that process classified information; Maintain and audit all logs and records associated with operation procedures; Audit security logs, reports, daily system audits, security logs and authentication features to assure security-relevant actions are properly implemented and executed; Create security reporting as required by ongoing business needs and audit requirements; Identify new security platforms/tools to improve overall infrastructure security; Review current and upcoming security requirements/threats and create the necessary actions to mitigate any risks to the organization.
- Evaluate enterprise business system proposed changes, updates, or patches and advise IT Management, Change Management Board, and ISM of relevance.
- Provide security best practice guidance and expertise to project manager(s) and BSA to define requirements for applications, installations, and program architecture for information systems.
- Provide assistance to IT team members, BPO, and Security staff to insure compliance with applicable IT Security policies, DoD/Service specific regulations and contractual security requirements.
- Perform as a member of the IT Incident Response Team for threats and security risks to the organization. This includes interfacing with the underlying teams/individuals to formulate and apply remediation action.
- Build and maintain cloud components specific to security, identity, and governance in multiple cloud providers.
- Develop and document cloud security best practices and security guidelines for cloud technologies.
Keyword Searchstring: Information Technology, IT, telecommunications, Systems Engineer, Help Desk, Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, CCNA, CCNP, ITIL, MCSA, Network, Administrator, Specialist, Technician, PMP, Implementation, ServiceNow, cyber security, CASP, CISSP, CYSA,