It Specialist SME II - NL-20-190
Industry: Department of Defense
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active TS Clearance (Interim Acceptable)
Responds to and diagnoses complex IT problems by working with users remotely. As a Senior IT Specialist SME, provides guidance and training to less experienced IT Specialist personnel. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex IT desktop and peripheral issues remotely using telephone and online tools, working with customers with all levels of IT knowledge resolving issues to the user s satisfaction, sometimes walking the user through steps to assist in repair and resolution. Must work independently using IT skills and experience to resolve IT issues as quickly and accurately as possible. Ascertains patterns and develops proposed procedural and operational changes to minimize or eliminate common or recurring problems. Works under limited supervision on complex tasks within established procedures. Must have outstanding IT technical skills as well as customer service skills.
- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software.
- Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/status reports and submit to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, TCP/IP, OSI model, routing and subnets.
- A+, Network+, and/or Microsoft Certified Professional certification.
- And three years minimum experience supporting/troubleshooting the following:
- Windows 7/10 Operating System
- PC s, printers, scanners, and laptops
- Microsoft Office Applications/ Office 365
- Active Directory Users and Computers / Group Policy
- Cisco Networking - Protocols: DHCP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, SSL
- 8 years of related experience or 4 years of experience and a Bachelor s Degree. Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, VBScripts, bash, python). CCNA, MCSE, Security+ and/or ITIL certification. Some experience supporting/troubleshooting the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012/R2, & 2016
- Microsoft SharePoint and SQL Database Server
- VMware vSphere/ESXi
- Citrix XenDesktop/Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Video teleconferencing (VTC)