Web Engineer (Microsoft SharePoint)
We are currently hiring for a Web Engineer (Microsoft SharePoint) with an active TS/SCI clearance, Security+ CE, and SharePoint MCSE OR MCSE: Productivity (or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire).
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract. The position is located in Tampa, FL, and we are open to nationwide relocation.
Location: Tampa, FL (MacDill AFB)
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required
- Must have at least 5 years of general experience in a SharePoint Server role.
- B.S, in Computer Science/MIS. Substitution of education for specialized experience acceptable for candidates that can demonstrate expert-level knowledge in SharePoint technologies.
- Required Certifications: (employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current)
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher (Security+ CE) AND at least one of the following:
- SharePoint MCSE
- MCSE: Productivity
- MCSD: Web Apps
- Microsoft Certified Expert
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Sys Ops Associate
- Intermediate to advanced SharePoint development skills for possible in-house development of SharePoint solutions would be a plus
- At least four years of hands-on development of production web applications
- At least four years of experience building Spring based Java applications, C# 10 experience is a plus
- Experience with the development of mobile applications
- Experience with Node.js is a plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Bamboo, Jenkins) is a plus
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker) is a plus
- Background in big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NiFi) and data science is a plus
- Experience developing enterprise search applications is a plus
Web Engineers must understand SharePoint farm architectures, installation processes, performing scripted installations, configuring, STIG ing and securing a farm environment. The Web Engineer needs to be familiar with all functionality of SharePoint Central Administration, Shared Services, Managed Metadata, Enterprise Services, STSADM commands, PowerShell scripting and how the services and functions affect the entire SharePoint farm.
The Web Engineer will be required to monitor and manage server health and functionality, access permissions, usage, events and messages, and ensuring the environment conforms to governance requirements and security standards.
The Web Engineer should also have exceptional troubleshooting skills that can aid on isolating an issue rapidly. Troubleshooting skills are required both on the server administration side as well as the customer facing side of the SharePoint and other web environments.
The Web Engineer should have a broad knowledge of Windows networking, authentication, and user identity protocols, particularly Kerberos and SAML. They should also be comfortable with using a variety of utilities such as Network Monitor, Fiddler, and LDAP browsers. In addition, the SharePoint Engineer should have strong skills in the following areas:
- SharePoint 2010-2016
- IIS Manager and IIS 7/8 architecture
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Office Web Applications
- SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Workflow Manager
- Server Manager
- Active Directory
- Network/Service Load Balancing Technologies
- Event Viewer and Performance Monitor
- Analyzing IIS and ULS logs
About Us: SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Keywords: Web engineer, SharePoint Engineer, SharePoint farm, SharePoint administrator, Security+ CE, SEC+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security, CISA, CISSP, CASP, GCIH, GCED, MCSA: SharePoint or MCSA: Office 365 or MCSA: Server 2012/2016 or MCSE: Productivity or MCSE: Cloud and Infrastructure or MCSE: SharePoint