SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Lab Technician
- Location: Bloomington, IN
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
- Salary: $19.75hr (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: 12-month Contract
A technician s primary duty is to support the manager and group by performing lab maintenance and basic experimental work relating labs. Responsibilities include keeping lab spaces clean and stocked, assisting with making buffers/medias, running basic assays/experiments and assist with other experiments as needed, maintaining necessary documentation in a lab notebook, performing data verification of primary data, technical reports, calibrating and maintaining equipment.
- Expands skills in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and/or certifications, as needed
- Experience with preparing and making buffers/medias, running basic assays/experiments. Could perform basic testing such as wet chemistry, titrations, PH meters, etc.
- Responsible for cleaning lab glassware and surrounding areas
- Picking up retain samples from lab services, putting them away, completing documentation and computer work. Organization of retain area. Inspection of retain samples. Cleaning of environmental chambers as needed. Disposition of retain samples as applicable.
- Applies experience and skills to complete assigned work within our area of expertise
- Works within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Works with a moderate degree of supervision
- High School/GED
- Technical Certificate or higher preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in laboratory and or manufacturing setting; GMP experience highly preferred
- Experience within pharmaceutical, food/beverage, consumer products, nutraceutical and related industries is highly desired
- Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel required. LIMS software experience preferable but not required.
- Must be able to read and understand English-written job instructions and safety requirements.