Saint Petersburg, FL
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Lab Technician
- Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
- Salary: $20-25 (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: 6-month Contract to hire position
A technician s primary duty is to support the manager and group by performing lab maintenance and basic experimental work relating labs. Responsibilities include keeping lab spaces clean and stocked, assisting with making buffers/medias, running basic assays/experiments and assist with other experiments as needed, maintaining necessary documentation in a lab notebook, performing data verification of primary data, technical reports, calibrating and maintaining equipment.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and cleaning of laboratory instruments and equipment; maintaining the laboratory in a clean and organized state
- Maintains inventory of glassware, chemicals, reagents, raw materials/excipients, consumables, media and materials needed for preformulation and formulation activities
- Disposes of hazardous waste according to environmental regulations and company/ departmental procedures.
- Receive, label and store receipts of solvents and other analytical reagents.
- Prepares reagents, standards, media, etc. needed for analysis
- Sets up, uses and cleans isolator
- Supports preparation of solubility, compatibility samples
- Sets up, operates and cleans mixers, laboratory scale encapsulation machine, coating pan and/or other equipment
- Prepares laboratory fill mixes
- Prepares gel swatches
- Executes drying studies
- Washes, inspects and packages laboratory batches
- Performs fill moisture, water activity, hardness, fill and shell weight, rheology, burst strength, impact/drop testing, disintegration and/or other testing
- Records the results in approved notebooks, batch records, reports and logbooks.
- Washes glassware used to perform analysis if needed
- Ships samples to customers (animal PK samples, airfills, etc.) as needed
- Files and maintains laboratory records
- May provide training to new or existing personnel
- Required to read and execute departmental guidances and SOPs.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required
- May be required to work with highly potent compounds, hormones.
- High School/GED
- Requires High School education, and preferably with some college course work in related sciences.
- Prefer prior experience in a laboratory setting.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers.
- Good organizational skills required