Location: Indianapolis, IN 46218
Type: Contract to hire
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for handling both inbound and outbound traffic activities. Position is responsible for ensuring that customer orders are processed accurately and on time. Must also prioritize in order to meet expected ship dates and accurately label and pack orders. Position is responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory through precise transactions and cycle counting.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Receive and warehouse raw materials.
- Label and package finished goods in accordance with regulatory standards and customer specific requirements.
- Operate computer (Oracle applications) to process orders, generate labels, and post shipments.
- Perform timed (independent) inventory cycle counts with record keeping and reporting responsibilities.
- Maintain safe clean work environment.
- Operate fork truck, company vehicles, and other material handling equipment.
- Create bills of lading and contact carriers.
- Process and ship international orders.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate freight routing with client s logistics partners.
- Handle and communicate all Export logistics arrangements, including scheduling of containers, preparing customs documents and send to appropriate parties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a shipping, warehouse or inventory control position required.
- Must have good math & reading comprehension skills, ability to follow instructions, and be detailed oriented.
- Ability to proficiently operate forklift is preferred.
Search words: Logistics, Shipping, Receiving, Warehouse, Scanning, Scanner, Inventory, Inventory control, forklift,