SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Baconton, GA
Hours: One must be open to work a flexible schedule (including weekend and holidays), days and nights. Position is primarly night shifts
Salary: Up to $20/hr.
Employment Type: Contract to hire opportunity
- Keep plant and all equipment maintained to insure optimal production and quality.
- Perform all work in a safe manner using lock-out/tag-out procedures, PPE, MSDS.
- Visually inspect all equipment daily for proper operation; review work orders at the beginning of each shift to determine any potential equipment issues.
- Troubleshoot any unscheduled process equipment issues in a timely manner -- both electrical and mechanical.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC input and output cards, analog input and output cards.
- Ability to read schematics and electrical drawings.
- Basic welding is preferred.
- Knowledge of programming VFD drives, motor wiring, ability to use a volt meter and able to trouble shoot high voltage (480 volt) and low voltage (24 volt), relays, transformer and power supplies.
- Troubleshoot, replace and program flow meters. Adjust PID loops, level control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair control systems, temperature controllers, pressure sensors - - 20ma signals, chart recorders, solid state relays, timers and RTD s.
- Schedule needed downtime around production schedule when possible.
- Assist with the maintenance of boilers, air compressors, condensers and Freon chilling equipment.
- Repair/rebuild pumps, motors, repair seals kits and tear down a separator.
- Keep maintenance shop clean and orderly.
- Install new equipment and project future equipment issues.
- Report quality or safety problems to Management.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Yard Tractor to keep facility running.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of technical training/certifications in maintenance/packaging maintenance and 1-2 years of experience and/or three (3) years maintenance experience in electrical, Freon refrigeration (industrial), boiler operation and overall equipment operations.
- Ability to work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Experience within food/beverage, pharmaceutical or related industries
- Experience with the following equipment required: Pumps, motors, Ethernet modules, VFD controllers and sanitary valves.
- Basic knowledge of PLC ladder logic.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- The employee will frequently stand, carry/push/lift up to 50 lbs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach up to a level of 8 feet and climb a height of up to 10 ft.