Senior Production Planner
SRG Life Sciences offers the industry flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services in the clinical, manufacturing, medical and scientific fields. Through our innovative approach and proprietary database of over one million professionals, SRG Life Sciences offers ready access to the talents that drive today's rapid paced and competitive landscape. Additionally, SRG Life Sciences has a proven track record of placing cross-functional roles such as Information Technology, Accounting and Finance, Engineering, Professional and Government Services for our Life Sciences clients.
- Location: Portsmouth, NH
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Salary: Up to $125 hourly
- Schedule: Mon Fri, 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm (No Weekends)
- Employment Type: 6-month Contract (Possible Perm Placement)
The Production Planner is responsible for proactively maintaining and continuously improving the production schedule; Perform all duties to ensure the departmental schedules are accurate and communicated to all relevant departments to drive short term execution of plans; Ensure all schedules are created respecting existing labor and asset capacities and achievable based on planned material availabilities; Drive timely resolution of all scheduling conflicts with relevant stakeholders; Act as SAP subject matter expert and lead SAP enhancements and improvements.
Environment: A global leader and trusted supplier in the pharma, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. The company is focused on advanced manufacturing, high-quality control systems, regulatory expertise, and research and development (R&D) capabilities. The company s products and services include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), stem cell therapies, drinking water sanitizers, vitamin B compounds, organic personal care ingredients, industrial preservatives and microbial control solution to combat viruses, bacteria and other dangerous pathogens.
- Create, track and maintain the short-term schedules to provide visibility to defined departments to drive short term execution of plans
- Incorporate input from all relevant departments to ensure schedules are realistic within relevant constraints and latest information
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource (facility/suite, equipment, staff, materials etc.) utilization
- Ensure all feedback regarding changes to existing plans is incorporated into schedules in timely manner
- Maintain detailed planning and scheduling master data parameters in planning system(s) to allow optimal use of system scheduling functionality especially SAP.
- Generate relevant KPI and operational measures to support identification of trends or root causing of sub-optimal performance
- Maintain accurate production schedule, providing data for the MRP process to meet production demands
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities
- Monitor SAP production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures, using this information for Continuous Improvement activities such as maintenance of routings and BOM s, increasing accuracy of production schedule and efficiency reporting
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support production optimization recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to measure and report metrics (KPI s) and help to identify issues through peers and manager through root cause analysis
- Ability to use production scheduling systems
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- Ability to act as SAP SME for SC and lead SAP enhancement and improvement initiatives.