Material Handler I
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Material Handler I
Location: Houston, TX
Hours: Mon - Fri
Salary: $18-$22hr based on experience
Employment Type: Long Term Contract
Environment: A global leader and trusted supplier in the pharma, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the company is focused on advanced manufacturing, high-quality control systems, regulatory expertise, and research and development (R&D) capabilities. The company s products and services include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), stem cell therapies, drinking water sanitizers, vitamin B compounds, organic personal care ingredients, industrial preservatives and microbial control solution to combat viruses, bacteria and other dangerous pathogens.
The QC Materials Handler is responsible for planning, storage, control, and distribution of materials and products to meet Quality Control testing requirements. Maintaining and stocking QC supply closets, laboratory and cold storage
- Complete material requests from the warehouse.
- Receive materials from the warehouse.
- Debox materials and prepare items for analytical testing use.
- Stock QC supply closets, laboratory and cold storage
- Order general lab supplies and stock materials for daily usage by QC analytics.
- Stock materials at point of use for upcoming analytical testing.
- Prepare solutions, solution disposal, and trash disposal on as needed basis.
- Document paperwork for all cleaning activities.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent
1 - 3 years experience
- Excellent written and oral communication to include accurate and legible documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; team oriented; independent work skills and a strong work ethic.
- The ability to interface and communicate directly with clients may be required.
- Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation.
Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
Problem solves by selecting appropriate alternative from defined options.
Work is prioritized by supervisor.
Timelines for completion of assigned tasks are determined by supervisor.
Writing is typically free of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors
Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records.
Dependable and able to work well within a team.
Interested in learning new things. Open to change.
Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity.