Med Prep Operator
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Medicine Gelatin Preparation Operator
Location: Miami, FL
Hours: 1st shift, M-F, 6am-2:30pm
Salary: Up to $15.40
Employment Type: 6 month contract with the possibility to go permanent
One will be working for a leading softgel manufacturing company. The commitment to science, sustainability, vertical integration and ensures a reliable supply chain of various products. We are a global nutraceutical company with headquarters in Miami, FL.
- Responsible for reporting all discrepancies of weights, used for the preparation of medicine and gelatin immediately to the supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting any mistakes made during the preparation of fill material and gelatin.
- Ensure the working area is kept in a clean and tidy condition. Ability to be able to work unsupervised, and uses initiative.
- Provide a professional and team oriented work environment.
- Responsible to accurately record, all material that is weighed into the preparation of filling/gelatin.
- Responsible for recording all lot numbers used, for all products without exception.
- Responsible for checking all clean tanks and vessels, prior to use, any tanks that are found to be dirty, must be returned to the washroom with a dirty label attached, the medicine/gelatin operator must approve the tanks with a signature of acceptance.
- Responsible for checking all pumps, stirrers, scrappers, and any other pieces of equipment, used in the production of medicine or gelatin.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of gelatin, and filling material, and should be capable of completing tasks unsupervised.
- Responsible for matching, making, and blending colors for gelatin.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of coloring agents, carob, caramel, titanium dioxide etc.
- Responsible for checking the code numbers of each individual raw material code number, before dispensing, after each raw material has been added to the mixture, the weight, lot number, and signature must be recorded, in the space provided.
- Responsible for recording all spills and material loses on the batch documentation.
- Should be familiar with the ball mill and the roller mill, from the setting up, through running, and clean down.
- Should have a full understanding of the de-aeration vacuum pump system, from setting up through running, and clean down.
- Responsible to prepare gelatin/filling material, before being requested in the encapsulation department, this demands communication and cooperation between the two departments.
- Responsible for cleaning down of the weighing room, medicine preparation room, gelatin room, and all equipment within the rooms. Responsible for the taking of specific gravity, of filling material; this must be taken and recorded
- Minimum three years experience within nutraceuticals/dietary supplements, food/beverage, cosmetics or related industry
- Good understanding of cGMP
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Able to effectively communicate in English written and oral
- Good analytical and observation skills
- One must be able to lift, pull/push up to 75lbs. Throughout the shift, one will be bending, stooping.
- Good knowledge of basic mathematical skills, including measurement
- Able to multi-task. Able to follow routine verbal and/or written instructions. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Search words; GMP, manufacturing, production, weighing, coloring, blending, operator