Mid Level IT Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
Industry: Department of Defense
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Clearance: Active TS Clearance
Typical duties include installing, maintaining, and administering desktop computer systems and associated peripherals including printers, monitors, switchboxes, business application software, and various operating systems.
- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software.
- Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/status reports and submit to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach out and above head, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
- Required: 4 to 7 years experience. Demonstrated proficiency installing, maintaining, repairing desktop operating systems, business applications, desktop computer hardware, peripherals, and printers.
- Desired: IT Certifications applicable to desktop and mobile computer support.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. An active Top Secret clearance is required
#IT #Troubleshooting #Helpdesk #Admin #Systemsadmin #NetworkAdmin #hardware