Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Goose Creek, SC
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Employment Type: Contract to perm
Clearance: Able to obtain Common Access Card
This automotive worker uses government furnished special tools and works in a maintenance facility. This position will perform field level automotive maintenance on combat and tactical vehicles, and possibly material handling equipment assigned or work-load.
Performs varied duties including:
- Field level maintenance on US military automotive equipment. Includes diagnostics, parts identification and requisition, and repair in accordance with technical specifications and specified repair times.
- Maintain maintenance records and documentation in accordance with government regulations and local policies
- Properly use, store, accounting for, and disposal of hazardous materials and waste used and generated in the performance of duties. Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations and procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Movement of materiel and assets with forklifts and dollies
- Upon notification from the government, deploys to support issuing or receipt of equipment
- 5 years experience in directly relevant work
- Certificate of training from vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in automotive maintenance, or other related field
- Certificate of training from a basic automotive maintenance course
- Ability to interpret and apply technical instruction, schematics, and diagrams
- Possesses personal tools that meets the required tool list
- Possess a valid State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
- Must obtain and maintain local base access
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Common Access Card (CAC) requirements.
- Meet government specified requirements to be deployable, including annual health screenings, training requirements, and passport
- May be required to move (drive) a vehicle being worked into or out of the maintenance bay. Vehicles can include any of the pieces we have on site. All required drivers training will be provided.