Wallops Island, VA
Location: Wallops Island, VA 23337
Type: Direct Hire
- Performs maintenance on aircraft, including avionic and mechanical aircraft systems/sub-systems
- Determines NDI test methods using applicable technical orders.
- Prepares parts for inspection; interprets and evaluates indications on aircraft and support equipment using magnetic particle, ultrasonic, eddy current, digital radiography, liquid penetrant and other emerging technologies.
- Performs pre-flight and post-flight aircraft maintenance as assigned.
- Prepares engine samples for wear metal analysis and evaluates test results.
- Handles, labels and disposes of hazardous materials and waste according to federal, state and local environmental standards.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Use NASA s automated maintenance data system (NAMIS) to maintain equipment records. Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- Possess knowledge in the use of and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- The NDI Technician may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Meet the requirements of ASNT-TC-1A or NAS410 level II for magnetic particle, ultrasonic, eddy current, radiographic and liquid penetrant inspection techniques.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane and/or Powerplant certification or special skills and/or certifications (NDI, Welding, Egress, Machining, etc.).
- 5+ years of aircraft maintenance experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD aircraft required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
SRG Government Services is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.