Industry: Dept. of Defense
Location: Charleston, SC (29406)
Employment Type: Contract to Permanent
Clearance: Secret (Active Required)
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline (i.e., engineering, mathematics) and 2 years of experience.
- DoD 8570-compliant (CompTIA Security+ certified)
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade corporate customer s networks and in-house servers.
- Analyzes local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operation systems and protocol suites, and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including E-Mail, file transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like. Configures systems to user environments.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
Keyword Searchstring: Network administration, network engineer, CCNA, Net+, Sec+, Security+, technician, Routing & switching