Location: Herndon, VA
Type: Permanent Placement
Schedule: 11:00am-7:00pm or 12:00pm 8:00pm.
Industry: Defense / Telecommunications
Clearance: Top Secret (Required active no sponsorship & SCI Preferred)
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation
- Security+ (or equivalent) and bachelor s degree in a relevant technical discipline with a minimum of 1 year of overall related experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, Juniper, DWDM (6500, RLS, 9600)
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, fault isolation, or performance management
- General understanding of network topologies and the ability to understand signal flow of network architecture
- Provide first level troubleshooting and incident resolution of network issues and provide timely reporting and escalation of incidents in accordance with SOP
- Responsible for active network monitoring including incident detection, fault isolation, fault management, and fault resolution
- Properly and accurately document on-going issues in accordance with incident tracking procedures utilizing ticketing system.
- Coordinate, de-conflict, and track Authorize Service Interruption (ASI) and ensure proper documentation of customer notification and concurrence.
Searchstring: Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Network, Systems, Enterprise, Data Center, NOC, Systems, Systems Engineer, Architect, Fiber, SONET, COMSEC, System Administrator, System Architect, Help Desk, PC Technician, Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, Military transition, Veterans