Location: Huntsville, AL
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Hours: Monday-Friday and daily work hours range from 6:30 AM 5:00 PM.
Clearance: Active Secret
Provides Tier II Service Desk support for a variety of incident and service request types. Provides knowledge and assistance to Tier I Service Desk personnel when needed. This position will frequently interface across teams with configuration management and system administration personnel in order to resolve problems and deploy solutions through the service desk.
- Resolve service desk incidents and ticketing requests
- Perform systems administration and management duties for both physical and virtual systems
- Support Active Directory account operations
- Support virtual systems to include both desktops and servers
- Interface with other teams to create solutions and resolve technical issues
- Provide Tier II/III support for various teams and technologies
- Support enterprise level applications
- Assist in storage and data management, specifically file and folder permissions
- Secure and support applications and systems in compliance with DISA STiGs
- Software assessment
- 6+ or more years desktop support experience OR Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (or related field)
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- At least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification. Candidate must have at least one additional related computing environment (desktop OS) certification (i.e. MCITP, A+, MCDST, MCP or HDI Desktop Support Technician), though this is required within 30 days of hire.
- Experience with:
- Windows 10
- VMware ESXi
- Windows Server 2012R2 & 2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Group Policy Objects
- Good documentation, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to train junior level techs
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take ownership of issues
SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
#IT #Troubleshooting #Helpdesk #Admin #Systemsadmin #NetworkAdmin #hardware