|Operations Technician |
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Environment: A global leader and trusted supplier in the pharma, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the company is focused on advanced manufacturing, high-quality control systems, regulatory expertise, and research and development (R&D) capabilities. The company s products and services include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), stem cell therapies, drinking water sanitizers, vitamin B compounds, organic personal care ingredients, industrial preservatives and microbial control solution to combat viruses, bacteria and other dangerous pathogens.
Title: Operations Technician
Location: Salisbury, MD
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Employment Type: 6 Contract with the possibility to go perm
1. Assist with the horseshoe crab blood collection process per approved SOP's; Includes setting-up and
preparing the collection area, cleaning and preparing crabs, aseptically collecting blood, and cleaning and
disinfecting the area at the end of the day.
2. Assist in crab blood processing per approved SOP's; Includes all Processing lab assignments
centrifuging, pipetting, sonication, solution preparation, and cleaning and disinfecting the area at the end of
3. Aseptically handle filled and unfilled collection bottles in and out of bio-safety cabinets (hoods).
4. Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork entries per SOP s.
5. Clean and maintain production equipment.
6. Tag crabs with US Fish & Wildlife tags
Education and Experience
1. BS in Life Sciences or equivalent is desirable or AA in Biological Sciences and 1-2 years experience in a
production environment or HS and 3-5 years experience in a
2. Able to follow written procedures and carry out those procedures to completeness.
3. Organization skills, time management skills, excellent attendance.
4. Written and oral communication skills.
5. Team work - willing to work closely with others to meet departmental objectives.
6. Math skills and computer skills.
Search words: Production, lab assistant, biology, chemistry, laboratory, horseshoe crab, operator, manufacturing