Production Assistant Supervisor
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: Production Assistant Supervisor
Location: Miami, FL
Industry: Dietary Supplements
Hours: (2/2/3 schedule with 12 hour shifts including rotating weekends)Night shift 5:55pm-6:05am
Employment Type: Direct hire/permanent position
One will be working for a leading softgel manufacturing company. The commitment to science, sustainability, vertical integration and ensures a reliable supply chain of various products. We are a global nutraceutical company with headquarters in Miami, FL.
- Under the leadership of the Production Supervisor, the Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the production area.
- Under the guidance of the Production Manager, in the absence of the Production Supervisor, the Assistant Supervisor will act as a Supervisor figure.
- Responsible for reporting all discrepancies and deviations immediately to the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure the Production area is kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Assure quality during the shift.
- Ability to be able to work unsupervised, and uses initiative.
- Maintains all required logs and records as specified by internal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicates to the Production Supervisor and Manager, any foreseen late production batches promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for maintaining cGMP and SOP compliance at all times.
- Responsible for releases in manufacturing, such as for example Cleaning, Process starts, Process re-starts (after Major breakdown or runs stop), Documentation, closing of sections in the Batch Record, etc.
- In the absence of the Supervisor, have daily Production meeting at shift changes with SMEs to review process related performance and identify required actions needed.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years of FDA/GMP regulated experience; pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food/beverage, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory/management experience within a regulated environment
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment and report employee performance issues to Supervisor.
- Ensures the accuracy of all Production batches
- Responsible for daily review of Batch Records and computer entries in the systems used.
- Ensures cGMP and SOPs requirements are communicated and followed.
- Responsible for daily auditing of all Production work areas.
- Efficiently organizes and leads the Production area by example and professionalism.
- Secures and provides an effective flow of information within all departments.
- Ability to communicate, inform, advice and support other department heads and managers.
- Must have understanding and knowledge needed about safety SOP s and the requirements for the position to ensure a safer working environment. All precautions and processes must be adhered to in order to maintain a high level of safety compliance.