Lakewood Ranch, FL
Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Lakewood Ranch
Industry: New Home Builder
Employment Type: Direct Hire with lots of growth opportunities. Strong benefits package and opportunity for growth
Benefits: Extremely robust / Great place to work
Scope of project: Our customer is seeking a PURCHASING MANAGER in the Sarasota and Venice area to supervise all functions of job site home construction purchasing in various communities as assigned.
- Administer accurate quantity take-offs and estimates. Monitor competitive bidding, contract negotiation, and value engineering. Re-bid trades if cost increases occur.
- Establish and maintain a trade contractor/supplier performance evaluation system and award program.
- Analyze cost codes by phase for cost-saving measures and techniques. Communicate any substantial hard-cost changes to the Director of Purchasing and Estimating.
- Research and approve invoices and variance purchase orders to meet Accounting department deadlines.
- Stay current on building codes, construction techniques, and trends affecting the home building industry.
- Maintain prices and quantities in Newstar as required.
- Create and maintain Bid Sheets/Unit Pricing.
- Create and maintain scopes of work for trades
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Previous purchasing experience in the homebuilding industry, single and multifamily construction
- Analytical and highly proficient in MS Excel
- Proficient in estimating for all trades
- Good computer skills and understanding of blueprints
- Must be detail-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Newstar and Build Pro experience a plus.
Keyword search string: Purchasing , Purchasing Manager , New Home , Planned Community , Builder