QC Raw Materials Scientist
Kansas City, MO
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Title: QC Raw Materials Scientist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Industry: Pharmaceutical and Chemical Manufacturing
Shifts Available: 2nd shift, Flexible start time between 1-3pm
Salary: Up to $25.00/hour based on experience
Employment Type: 6-month contract (Possible to go perm)
- Execute laboratory work plan / schedule developed by supervisor or senior team member.
- Sample types include USP, JP, and EP release testing.
- May draft technical documents such as methods or certificates of analysis.
- Performs parallel review of laboratory documentation and may become qualified to perform technical review of documents for accuracy, thoroughness and regulatory compliance
- Trains others on laboratory techniques.
- Assists in the execution of efficiency improvement project with guidance
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in chemistry or closely related physical science.
Experience: 2-7 years of laboratory experience; pharmaceutical preferred
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
- Experience with raw material testing; HPLC, GC, dissolutiuon (in-process and finished product testing desired)
- Empower software is desired, but not required
- Well organized with ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability
- Basic understanding of instrument operations and troubleshooting skills in multiple techniques
- Ability to identify aberrant/out of spec data and limited interpretation of data expected
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities in a matrix environment.
Search words: Chemist, Scientist, QC, raw material, HPLC, GC, dissolution, pharmaceutical