SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Environment: A global leader and trusted supplier in the pharma, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, the company is focused on advanced manufacturing, high-quality control systems, regulatory expertise, and research and development (R&D) capabilities. The company s products and services include active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), stem cell therapies, drinking water sanitizers, vitamin B compounds, organic personal care ingredients, industrial preservatives and microbial control solution to combat viruses, bacteria and other dangerous pathogens.
Title: QC Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Hours: Mon - Fri - 8am - 5pm
Salary: $23.00 hour paid weekly (Benefits Available)
Employment Type: 11 month contract
You will support the Quality Control, Environmental Monitoring team in maintaining the cleanrooms for commercial manufacture for both At Rest and In Operation conditions. You will be central in all processes associated with environmental monitoring and integral with environmental investigations, excursion report writing, and general upkeep of the micro department.
Responsible for performing sampling, routine and specialized testing of raw materials in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Responsible for subcontract sample preparation, shipment, and receipt of associated data.
- Performs sampling of raw materials per approved procedures and specifications.
- Performs routine and specialized raw material testing according to Standard Operating Procedures and Pharmacopeia methods, in compliance with cGMP.
- Communicates with subcontract labs to obtain information regarding capabilities, test timelines, and costs for testing unable to be performed in-house. Prepares sample shipments and submission paperwork for contract laboratory testing.
- Performs project related tasks as assigned with detailed instructions.
- May initiate and assist with OOS/deviation investigations.
- May write and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Performs general lab support activities such as housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory/ordering of supplies.
- Maintains compliance with all required training.
Bachelor's Degree or advanced education in life science, microbiology, biology or similar preferred
- Prior experience with raw material testing such as wet ID, spectroscopy, titration, pH, osmolality, and/or conductivity a plus
- Attains a solid understanding of cGMP principles.
- Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation.
- Understanding of basic laboratory equipment and aseptic technique a plus.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.