SITEC - Virtualization Engineer - 02518
MacDill AFB, FL
We are currently hiring for a Configuration Manager with an active TS/SCI clearance and 8+ years of experience.
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included).
Location: Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
Virtualization Engineer performs tier three systems support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. The Virtualization Engineer provides operational support and technical expertise for the engineering, deployment and O&M of hyper converged server and storage solutions including but not limited to Nutanix, Dell, and VMware. The job duties include daily management of the virtualization environment; responsibility for the virtual machine lifecycle management; ensure virtualization software suite is kept updated and secure; assist with virtualization related problem resolution; actively engage in virtualization capacity planning; troubleshoot issues with virtualization guest operating systems specifically Linux and Windows; and function as a point of contact for work requests related to the virtualization environment. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users also is essential. Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
Typical duties include:
- Engineer and lead the enterprise virtual infrastructure and system software components
- Performing end-user support requiring System Engineer Subject Matter Expertise support
- Establish and document baselines to measure and manage the capacity and performance of the enterprise network
- Collaborate with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on technical support systems hardware and software and making recommendations regarding upgrades or changes based on industry best practices and emerging trends
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II * AND
- Nutanix Certified Professional (NCP) OR
- Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional (NCAP) OR
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
VMware Horizon View systems implementation experience including:
VMware vSphere ESXi experience
Microsoft Windows 7, 10
Microsoft Active Directory
Experience working interactively with supported users and resolving VDI related issues.
Experience in implementing and supporting zero-client technology, VMware vSphere, Hypervisor Management, Active Directory, GPO Management and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure deployments.
About Us: SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
Keywords: Configuration Manager, Configuration Management, VMware, vSphere, NCP, NCAP, VCP