SITEC - Sr Systems Engineer - 02522
Cannon AFB, NM
We are currently hiring for a Sr Systems Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and 12+ years of of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and solutions
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included).
Location: Cannon AFB, NM
Senior Systems Engineers perform tier three systems support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Senior Systems Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of data center hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as systems design and implementation, systems integration, security, ports and protocols, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Senior Systems Engineers test and analyze elements of data center facilities, including power, software, security features, interoperability, and communications, and is responsible for the overall integration of enterprise systems. Senior Systems Engineers are also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of systems solutions. Senior Systems Engineers monitor and control the performance and status of systems resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting system performance. Senior Systems Engineers keeps technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government s needs. This position provides guidance and direction for junior systems support administrators and engineers.
Typical duties include:
- Engineer and lead enterprise systems solutions spanning multiple data center vendor products
- Collaborate with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on systems implementation, optimization and ongoing management Providing high-level support and technical expertise in Directory Services technology, including DNS, GPO, ADFS, DFS, Domains and Trust, Sites and Services and Role Based Access Control
- Engineer and lead the enterprise virtual infrastructure and system software components
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in systems technology, including servers, applications, virtual and physical environments, and solutions integrations
- Lead technical teams that integrating new technology into the existing operational environment
- Establish and document baselines to measure service performance and capability across a global enterprise
- Advise senior government staff on industry best practices and provide policy recommendations to implement those practices
- Bachelor s degree in systems engineering or related field. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT Level II * AND
- Any two of the following current vendor certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer
- Linux Professional Institute Professional LIPC-1
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certified Expert
- Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Oracle Certified Professional
- SUSE Certified Engineer
Twelve years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and solutions, including two years of specialized experience related to the candidate s assigned task
About Us: SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.