Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Sarasota, FL
Summary: In charge of electric component design conducting a combination of electrical and mechanical engineering. The electric components designed in our distribution business line consists of circuit breakers, contactors, switches, and auxiliary contacts for a range of current from 0.1 Amp to 600 Amp and for a range of voltage from 5V to 1200 V. While our components are designed for aerospace industry they are used in a wide range of applications such as, but not limited to, military vehicles, oil and gas mining, heavy duty construction equipment, farm equipment and both military and commercial aerospace applications.
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a design office or research center designing electric component.
- Knowledge of electric contact material and electric contact design
- Knowledge of bi-metal design
- Knowledge of coil and solenoid design
- The primary responsibilities of an Electromechanical engineer include designing, developing, and maintaining electric components by focusing on safety, cost, reliability, sustainability, and quality.
- Implicated in a project from the conceptual idea and detail of the design to testing, qualification and industrialization for full rate production.
- Conduct specifications and requirements-based design activities.
- Produce analysis and justification in order to develop and justify conformity of design to requirements. These analyses include:
- Mechanical stress analysis
- Heat dissipation and heat transfer analysis
- Modeling of parts deformation due to thermal effect
- Voltage drops analysis.
- Modeling of latch/unlatch mechanism.
- Modeling of opening/closing time and dynamic of motion.
- Magnetic field modeling
- Mechanical stack-up analysis
- Material selection
- Selection of coating and plating for metallic parts.
- Wear allowance analysis
- Modeling of friction and tribology between parts
- Produce experimental technology validation, component verification, & endurance test plans
- Research appropriate solutions with purchasing and industrialization team to fit with target costs and time scale.
- The Electromechanical Engineer prime activity is to conduct analysis, calculation, and design activities to develop electric components.
- Work in an integrated program team with representative of quality, supply chain, industrialization, production, sales & marketing, program, and other engineering representative (draftsman, experts, electronic engineer) to develop or enhance products within a predefine timeline, cost targets and technical requirements.
- Team up with other engineers and technical experts to ensure conformity of product against all requirements and to identify technical risk and mitigation plan early in the development phase.
- Work with the test group to define test plans, follow execution of tests and analyze test results.
- Coordinate with the engineering team from other Safran sites (in the US and abroad) to conduct concurrent engineering and dispatch work to centers of excellence.
- Interface with customers to discuss technical specification, justify design and potential deviation, review qualification results and analyze customer change request.
- Interface with configuration control team to ensure proper records of drawings, specifications, and justification notes.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Keywork Searchstring: manager, manufacturing, fabrication, welding, soldering, mechanical, hydraulics, machining, CNC, mill, aerospace, manufacturing, assembler, soldering, lean six sigma, quality, professional engineer, circuit, breakers, electrical engineer,