Senior Internet Network Engineer
Location: Culpepper and Tyson's Corner, VA
Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly (FSP)
Salary: $160k+ (Negotiable)
- Provide Tier 3 support and serve as a technical expert for the Customer sponsored Optical Network & Data Communications Network (DCN) and Internet Protocol (IP) backbone integral to the management of the network.
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks, or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience
- Six or more years of applicable work experience with Internet history and infrastructure. Knowledge and experience working with Firewalls, Intranets, Extranets, Domain Name Services, Routers, LAN/WAN infrastructure technologies, and Web Hosting.
- Demonstrated experience with SONET based, metro fiber networks, next-generation DWDM systems and IP based systems.
- Previous experience with broadband circuit maintenance/restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
- Previous experience and ability to relate technical issues to management and Government personnel.
- Prior experience with Nortel, Cisco, Ciena and Tellabs suite of optical network equipment and network management systems
- Develops and supports the transition plans associated with these activities and support laboratory-enabled execution activities protection of the Optical Network & DCN will require analysis of vulnerabilities.
- Assumes operation and maintenance responsibility for the optical network includes setup, configuration, and writing of scripts to ensure regular backup images are created.
- Manage all aspects of network operations related to performance and fault management.
- Provide technical support for network and system installation and maintenance.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Monitor network operations and security posture.
- Maintain network status and trouble logs.
- Identify and diagnose network problems.
- Identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Determine and execute corrective actions on a real-time basis.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Identify network performance improvement opportunities and forward recommendations to engineering for analysis.
- Routinely evaluate the network baseline to identify and resolve unplanned changes to the baseline.
- Manage the network operations Quality Control (QC) program
- Provide functional guidance, technical support, and training to network operations staff.
Keywork Searchstring: Engineer, Architect, Engineering, Military, Military Transition, USAF, Air Force, Army, Marines, USMC, Navy, DoD, Defense, Clearance, TS, IT, Information Technology, Facility Engineer, Enterprise Architect, Analyst, Network, Systems, Manager, Director, Telecom, Project Management, Systems Engineer, Systems Architect, MCSE, MCSA, RCDD, Network architect, DWDM, SONET, AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, Peraton, Veterans, CCIE, CCDP, BICSI, Telecommunications, Director, Manager,