Location: Reston, VA
Industry: Department of Defense
Employment Type: Direct Placement
- The team will be work in part to design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy COTS, FOSS, and custom components for the services as an Agile/Scrum development team.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in an Agile environment (e.g., sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, work backlog, user stories, acceptance criteria, story clarifications).
- The Software Engineer will interface with developers, architects, and the infrastructure teams during upgrades and development.
- You will support the implementation of automated testing capabilities for access control policies and other service components.
- You will assist in the creation of technical documentation and other routine programmatic and security accreditation artifacts.
- This work encompasses the full lifecycle of software management. You will assist in the development of REST services that are used to interact with the organization.
- You will also assist in the installation, deployment, and maintenance of the COTS, FOSS, or customer services.
- Initial efforts may be focused on participating in the development of critical software components that leverage APIs.
- Spring Boot & Spring Framework
- Linux development
- XML and JSON
- Conducting unit testing and documentation of software modifications.
- Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with developing in a micro-services architecture
- Familiarity with Open-source workflow engines
- Experience with DevOps, automation and configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Jenkins, and Github.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in an Agile environment
- Overall trouble shooting and debugging in a production environment
SRG Government Services (SRG) is a leading provider of information technology, training, engineering, accounting and intelligence analytical services for agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the federal contracting industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
ServiceNow, Service Now, Engineer, Developer, Systems Engineer, Top Secret, TS, Polygraph, Help Desk, Sec +, Security +, Service Desk, 8850, Department of Defense, Troubleshoot, Troubleshooting, Root Cause, Cyber, Microsoft, Linux, Agile, Scrum, Spring Boots, Linux AWS, Amazon