Sr Associate, CGMP Biomanufacturing
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Sr Associate, CGMP Biomanufacturing
- Location: Madison, WI
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: Sun-Wed 6am-4pm 1st Shift (AM) Wed-Sat 6am-4pm 1st Shift (AM) Sun-Wed 2pm-12am 2nd Shift (PM) Wed-Sat 2pm-12am 2nd Shift (PM) Sun-Wed 10pm-8am 3rd Shift Wed-Sat 10pm-8am 3rd Shift
- Salary: $18.50 - $29hr Determined by Shift (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: Long Term Contract to Hire
The cGMP Biomanufacturing group is responsible for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) production activities, including master/working cell bank production, upstream cell culture, downstream protein purification, and mRNA therapeutics production. This is an entry level position and is a great starting point to acquiring the skills and training required for a cGMP Biomanufacturing environment. This role is primarily responsible for performing basic manufacturing operations in a clean room environment according to established procedures with support and supervision.
This is a temp-to-permanent, full-time position located in Madison, WI. It is an hourly role, eligible for overtime. The work schedule would be 4 days/week x 10 hours/day. Multiple teams and shifts available! Base pay + shift differential.
Common titles can be:
Manufacturing Associate, Manufacuting Technician, Biotechnology Technician, Biomanufacturing Associate, Lead Technician, Environmental Monitoring Technician, Quality Control Technician, Quality Assurance Technician, Process Technician,
- Performs aseptic techniques within a clean room environment.
- Executes and properly documents cGMP Biomanufacturing activities.
- Operates cGMP Biomanufacturing equipment, including pH/conductivity meters, mixing tanks (SUMs), tubing fusers/sealers, filter integrity testers, peristaltic pumps, balances, and Biosafety Cabinets (BSC) or Laminar Flow Hoods (LFH).
- Supports Biomanufacturing staff with proper completion of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Batch Production Records (BPR) and Job Aid (JA) as applicable.
- Specific duties will vary by team:
- Solution Prep Weighs/dispenses chemicals or components and stages materials for solution preparation.
- Upstream Manufacturing Performs basic cell culture work, including but not limited to working inside of a biosafety cabinet, cell counting, performing manipulations of required cell cultures in an ISO 5 environment, and analyzing cell culture samples.
- Downstream Manufacturing Performs column, membrane adsorption and size-exclusion chromatography, including viral reduction and filtration steps. Performs routine protein purification analytics, including protein concentration, pH and conductivity.
- mRNA Therapeutics Prepares medias and solutions. Operates Biomanufacturing equipment to perform mRNA transcription, reaction chemistries, and tangential flow filtration.
- Bachelor s in Biotechnology or related field with 0-2 years relevant experience
- Associate s Degree/Certificate with 0-4 years relevant experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 1-5 years relevant experience
- Clean room, aseptic technique, and/or general lab equipment experience.
- cGMP, Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) knowledge.
- Following standard operating procedures (SOP).