Sr. Information Assurance Analyst COSSPG
Colorado Springs, CO
Salary: $110k-$115k + yearly bonus
Type: Permanent Placement
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Industry: Dept. of Defense Employment
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or above required
- AA degree in Cyber Security or 1 years relevant experience
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS, and SIEM
- Experience with the accreditation of DoD information systems and knowledge of NIST Special Publication 800-53, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations and NIST Special Publication 800-37, "Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems,"
- Utilize knowledge and experience to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve simple and complex security incidents quickly and effectively
- Correlate, validate, and respond to security incidents or alerts and take appropriate action to document and escalate incidents in trouble ticketing system
- Responsible for auditing systems to verify compliance with government requirements and current security posture
- Use threat intelligence such as updated rules and Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to pinpoint affected systems and the extent of an incident.
- The role support both Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations.
- Monitor SEIM tools, IPS/IDS, Firewall, event logs, security logs, and additional security tools as required.
- Analyzes running processes and configs on affected systems. Carries out in-depth threat intelligence analysis to find the perpetrator, the type of attack, and the data or systems impacted
- Conduct vulnerability scans and evaluate results to determine proper remediation actions.
- Troubleshoot and analyzes security software/system tools to ensure compatibility and integration with hardware systems
Searchstring: Information Technology, Computer Science, Information assurance, cyber security, ISSM, ISSO, Network Security, Systems Seurity, NIST, RMF, ACAS, HBSS, SIEM, Penetration testing, vulnerability scans,