We are currently hiring for a Storage Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and 8+ years of experience.
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included).
Location: Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
Job Description: Storage Engineers performs tier three storage support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge in facilitating and leading the engineering of data storage in their organization. This includes creating effective storage strategies with the help of information technology (IT) specialists. Storage Engineers focus on making data storage accessible in a controlled and secured manner.
- DoDD 8570 IAT II *
- AND at least one of the following:
- CCNP Data Center
- Nutanix Platform Advanced Professional
- EMC Storage Administrator Specialist
- NetApp Certified Engineer, Specialist, or Data Administrator
- SNIA Certified Storage Professional (SCSP)
- SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE)
- Storage Engineering Professional Certification
- At least eight years of experience in an engineering or storage capacity management role is a plus
- Experience in AWS or Azure cloud environment a plus, but not required
Typical duties include:
- Designing the concepts and processes, related to resource allocation management
- Evaluating the input and output of systems, as well as their overall architecture, to recommend improvements
- Designing disaster recovery plans and enforcing backup and archive procedures.
- Designing and implementing solutions for data storage and maintenance
- Upgrading software, applying patches, and ensuring the physical security of data
- Creating specific reports and metrics for performance and data usage using office automation applications
Keywords: Storage Engineer, SCSE, SNIA Certified Information Architect, SCIA, SNIA Certified Storage Architect, SCSA, Certified Storage Engineer, SIE OPORD