Technical Writer - Scientific
Kansas City, MO
SRG offers flexible staffing solutions with a national presence. We provide contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire and executive search services. SRG utilizes an innovative approach to identify and qualify talent that is unique to the Staffing industry, featuring a cutting-edge platform that allows us to rapidly and precisely match professionals to client requirements. We have a proprietary database of over one million candidates and maintain continuous contact with our qualified talent.
- Title: Technical Writer - Scientific
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Hours: 8am - 5pm M-F
- Salary: $21.50hr (Paid Weekly - Benefits Available)
- Employment Type: Long Term Contract
Contractor will be writing technical documents such as reports, methods, SOPs. Must have a experience in technical writing in a science background (i.e. Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology). Saavy in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Excellent writing ability and good command of the English language.
Under general supervision, supports in scientific technical writing. Proficiency in English Language and writing ability is critical. Ability to rationalize and assess scientifically will be beneficial to this position. Follows established protocols and work plans. May be assisted by laboratory analysts. Comply with divisional and site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Support Department management in scientific technical writing for Department. This may include: o Generating technical methods, protocols, and reports o Document formatting o Significant data entry and updates o Interacting with various levels of Analysts and Managers for data and information Responsible for meeting project document timelines, as instructed Perform trending and metrics on data sets, as needed. All other administrative duties as assigned.
- Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology or closely related physical science.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience preferred or based on performance
- Ability to learn and retain technical information.
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level.
- Executes assignments of moderate complexity with high quality.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability.
- Basic understanding computers and software such as excel, word, powerpoint, and ability to learn more software.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers.
- Lead by example according to Company's values and culture.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities in a matrix environment.
- Recognizes unmet needs within department.
- Strategy is focused on personal time management and efficiency.
- Well organized with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.