Location: Tampa, FL
Industry: Defense / Manufacturing
Employment Type: Contract to hire
Clearance: Secret Clearance (Sponsorship opportunity)
- Design/building UAVs: 2-5 years (Required)
- FAA Part 107 License (Required)
- Experience in UAV design and construction, including UAV frame, landing gear, wings, adapters, motor mounts, incorporating the necessary power systems and electronics, flight controllers (Pixhawk, PX4, Ardupilot, Betaflight) and associated components such as receivers, transmitters, transceivers, telemetry modules, FPV and other accessories
- Experience with 3D printing, CNC machines, laser cutting machines, vacuum forming;
- Experience piloting and tuning multirotor drones or unmanned planes to fly as intended.
- Experience with ground station GUI interfaces that receive telemetry data from the flight controllers (QGround Control, Mission planner). UAV industry: 2-5 years (Required)
- Indoor and outdoor flight testing of UAVs and payloads.
- Design, develop, build and test custom UAVs using rapid prototyping, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), and custom-designed machined parts/components.
- Developing CAD models of vehicle designs using software such as SolidWorks.
- Coordinate with systems engineer to determine appropriate propulsion systems, including electric, tether, gas, and hybrid.
- Configure and install all components and payloads (e.g., cameras, telecom equipment, sensors).
- Occasional travel for field testing, deployments and project meetings may be required.
Keyword Searchstring: Solder, electronics, specialist, technician, engineer, manufacturing, ESD,