Wireless Network Engineer
We are currently hiring a Wireless Network Engineer in Tampa, FL, with an active TS/SCI clearance and 8+ years of experience. Shiftwork is required for this position, including nights and weekends.
This is a long-term, 3+ year contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included).
Location: Tampa, FL
Employment Type: Long-term contract (PTO and comprehensive benefits included)
Job Description: Wireless Network Engineers perform tier three wireless network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills and must be knowledgeable about both wired and wireless network technology. An in-depth background in wireless equipment, standards, protocols, and security standards, as well as wireless local area network (WLAN) design is necessary. Wireless Network Engineers must also be effective communicators with excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills in order to collaborate successfully with network technicians, vendors, and managers. Wireless Network Engineers should also demonstrate leadership skills and excellent customer interaction skills.
Certification Requirements (Must have at least one of the following):
- CCNP Enterprise with one network wireless concentration
- CWNP Certified Wireless Network Administrator
- CWNP Certified Wireless Technology Specialist
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional
- CCIE Wireless
- TS/SCI clearance
- Eight or more years in LAN/WAN engineering and design work, including 3-5 years specializing in wireless technologies, such as WiFi and Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX).
Typical duties include:
- Performing systems engineering, design, analysis, and experimentation of wireless networks
- Evaluating the performance of Media Access Control (MAC) and higher layers of various types of wireless networks.
- Researching, designing and implementing wireless networks, including the definition of applicable engineering specifications and resource requirements for network hardware and software
- Making recommendations for wireless network optimization, additions and upgrades to meet the Government s requirements
- Conducting and documenting radio frequency (RF) coverage and site surveys
- Documenting network infrastructure and design
Keywords: CCNP, Wireless Network Engineer, LAN/WAN, Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX)